Louisa May Alcott PTSA Goals
- Advocate for the success of our children by sponsoring, coordinating and promoting high-quality activities that enrich our fundamental curriculum. Focus on the fundamental educational needs of our children, first and foremost, particularly in a time when the state and district funding warrants such focus. We will continue to ensure that all activities support our mission with clearly stated goals.
- Continue to implement and introduce PTSA programs to highlight our community’s growing diversity and multi-cultural basis. We will explore outreach methods so we may better serve all families in the community, promoting the idea that there’s a place for everyone within the PTSA.
- Promote the health and well-being of our students and environment by:
- Providing healthy and nutritious selections/alternatives at PTSA events
- Sponsoring events which inform our student community about responsible choices
- Continue to look for ways to minimize paper usage and encourage use of electronic forms of communication
- Continue to educate the school community about how fundraising monies are spent. We will work to improve communication tools including:
- Bulletin Boards at school
- Monthly PTSA newsletter articles spotlighting PTSA activities, especially “lesser-known” activities
- Parent surveys
- Assist staff in reaching their goals by providing financial support through flexible and grade-specific grant programs. We will continue to measure the success of these grants.
- Actively support the passage of School Levies and Bonds through appropriate communication and ongoing support of the community needs and the related benefits.
The Alcott Elementary PTSA will provide a holistic learning environment through academic enrichment in:
- Environmental Learning
The Alcott Elementary PTSA will reflect the following values in its decisions and actions with its stakeholders and the community:
Board of Director Goals
The Alcott Elementary PTSA Board of Directors seeks to:
- Achieve membership for 90% of Alcott families and teachers in the PTSA.
- Improve member communication to assist members in understanding the role of the PTSA.
- Activate membership to increase volunteer involvement.
- Provide meaningful enrichment programs to enhance the experience of Alcott students in the areas of the arts, music, science, technology, environmental learning, reading and literature.
- Provide accountable, effective financial support to the students, teachers and school through effective use of resources.