Being a PTSA member is different from participating in fundraising efforts at school. By becoming a PTSA member you ensure that we have the funds to run our organization, organize fundraising activities and, with that fundraising support, give much needed resources to our school and every student.
Why Join Us
- PTSA is a member-based organization. Without members who support us, we cannot help to improve the education and well-being of all children at our school. We need your help to make it happen.
- Alcott PTSA has entered WA state PTA’s membership challenge. We will increase our chance to win funds for our school with each additional paid membership. Help us increase our odds.
What Your Membership Supports
- Academic enrichment programs, like Art lessons/program, Nature Vision
- Curriculum & library support, including dance education, PE & music, library and author visit funding
- Water and materials supplied to classrooms, health room; Orca folders and agendas
- Club activity support, including student leadership and safety patrol
- Support for emergency preparedness
- Low income student support
- Community building activities such as Back to School Bash, Science Fair, Egg Drop, Math Night and the End-of-year carnival
Benefits of Becoming a Member
What's in it for you:
Did you know that in past years, the Alcott PTSA funded art lessons and organized volunteers to teach the art docent program?
We also fund the Nature Vision program that offers hands-on STEM experiences tailored specifically for every grade level.
And yes, we do pay for water for the portables.
There are so many more programs and services we support. Come to a Connection Meeting or contact us to find out more.
As parents, we cannot directly impact the school's curriculum. Opportunities you have, is to vote in general and state elections and to become part of a group that has the power to lobby for special interest. As a non-citizen without voting rights, the latter might be the only way to express your interest and be heard. Our Alcott PTSA is part of a national movement, the National Parent Teacher Association (National PTA) that fights for parent's and student's interests, rights and values to be implemented and enforced in every school day and beyond.
What do you remember most of your school time, friends, events, play dates? Having a support group through school, makes for lasting friendships, among students and parents. It also provides a resource for parents to navigate the school system, the local community and local culture. Being a diverse community as we are, this support is very important to many parents and students.
Alcott PTSA members can take advantage of a number of discounts offered through the National PTA. Check out the website for specific offers. You should receive an email with login information after signing up or renewing your Alcott PTSA membership. The membership number is the same for NPTA, WSPTA and Alcott PTSA. To find out which benefits are offered, click here.
Do you have any questions about becoming or being a PTSA member? Do you have any feedback or suggestions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org